August News


Even though it's the school holidays there's still lots going on.....after a lovely day feltmaking at Roberttown J&I Summer School I spent a lazy long weekend in the Yorkshire Dales and called in at a few galleries in the area. Stonegate Gallery in Low Bentham is full of gorgeous fused glass artwork, made by the owners, hung alongside artwork by a selection of other artists. The gallery was a pleasure to look round and is in such a beatiful location it's definitely worth a visit. Finestra Gallery, Kirkby Lonsdale was my next stop and they have a lovely new range of work by Rachael Taylor which is now definitely on my wish list! Finestra Gallery have recently had an exhibition of my work and I was really pleased to hear that the work had been well received and that my large statement piece had sold already....looking forward to creating some more large pieces for them very soon. The weekend was finished off with a gorgeous meal in the Dog and Partridge...perfect.

So it's back to it now and I am looking forward to collecting some prints of my work from Ali White ready to hand finish and stitch in preparation for HOST....pictures soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment