Screen printing

I am gradually getting back into the swing of things after the summer holidays and have started on some new screen printed work today so thought it would be a good day to add a few pics to the blog.  I had a busy day on Friday getting all of my images prepared and exposed onto screens ready to start printing today (lots of lovely mark making with lids, sticks...whatever came to to hand!).  I bought some new fabric to  start on this collection of pieces as it will form the start of a new range of work, ready for the Country Living Christmas Fair in Harrogate, so it needed to be readily available when more is needed.  I will be taking all of my original devore pieces to the show but wanted to add to this with the more affordable work (Christmas present prices!) which has proved popular in the past, such as the printed applique work.
This pile is the order in which everything arrived, and the order in which I picked each colour.  I started off with sensible shades and as you can tell everything just got brighter and brighter!  Here are a few pictures of the process...
 

I have been having fun printing and over printing ready to cut the fabric up and piece together into some lovely, bright lavender bags and artwork in mounts.  Here's one I made a couple of months ago as a tester for something with a winter theme...

I will post some more pics when I have finished some more designs in the brighter colourways but will just leave you with a picture of an old letterpress drawer which is going to make a rather nice display for my badges etc with a bit of tlc......


No comments:

Post a Comment