New Stockists

I have spent the last few weeks travelling around the country delivering my work to some lovely galleries following British Craft Trade Fair.  Some of the galleries visited so far are:

Itch Gallery, Oakham, Rutland
Felsted Studio, Dunmow, Essex
Bluestone Gallery, Devizes, Wiltshire
Lee Chapman Gallery, Keswick, Lake District
Finestra Gallery, Kirkby Lonsdale.

I have also sent badges to Apendage in Brighton and a selection of cards to The Pantry at Lockton, near Whitby.  It has been good to see some of the country and a few of the fantastic galleries that we have but it will be good to get back in the studio for a much needed re-stock!

I am looking forward to some exhibitions in the very near future starting with Heart Gallery in Hebden Bridge in June followed by Holmfirth Art Week and Gallery Beyond in Nunnington in July.

I have really enjoyed the past 12 months and everything has moved at quite a pace so I have taken some time to reflect and make plans for the next 12.  I think it's important to reassess every so often and look at what's working and just as importantly what is not, it's easy to get drawn into doing things because everyone else is ( especially the shows) and doing all the additional things that seem to go with making a living as a creative person, but maybe sometimes you've just got to do things a bit differently?  I have enjoyed my school and adult workshops and events/shows but I am struggling to juggle all of these with my core business of actually making work to sell, so I have decided to take a break from teaching and attending retail fairs to concentrate on just creating for a while.......for now anyway!

So the next 12 months will see some changes and hopefully a more relaxed approach to both my working and family life, starting with reclaiming my weekends!  I am creating some exciting new work for exhibitions at present and then I shall spend the next few months creating even more to be ahead of myself when my stockists need new work or if I see an exhibition I would like to apply for, I have so many new ideas just waiting for the time to explore them.  Finally I am in the (very) early stages of a new range of work aimed at the commercial sector.....more news on that one later.....

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that you have new places to sell your work to Catherine. I too feel myself pulled in all sorts of directions and sometimes just because other people are doing these things.
    It sounds like you have a good plan for the next twelve months and finding more time for family life and creating. It is good to take stock every so often.
    Good luck with your new changes.
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacqui, I have had a relaxing summer holiday with the boys and feel ready to get back in the studio now!

    ReplyDelete