Country Living Spring Fair and BCTF, Harrogate

I promised to write a post after the Country Living Spring Fair but I was rather negative for at least a week as the show was disappointing (to say the very least!) and I didn't want to moan too much!  I had very high expectations for this show and the cost of the stand plus food and accommodation in London made it very expensive so just to break even would have been okay.  The visitors wowed and oooh'd and aah'd at my work  but very few actually bought.  People were going away to think about buying a few cards so the chances of taking a reasonable amount of money at the show were looking doubtful from the very start.  On the positive side my work was very well received and I am trying to take a few positives from the show rather than dwell on the negatives (not easy!).

By the time BCTF came around I was feeling ever so slightly less grumpy and had not really thought too much about the show other than what I was taking and how my stand would look.  I really enjoy doing this show as I am surrounded by the loveliest makers and it's a great chance to have a catch up and see what everyone has been up to.  So what can I say, expectations were pretty low due to the economy and the number of galleries which have closed in recent months and I had a fantastic show!  I was overwhelmed by the number of galleries selecting work and also the compliments that I received from other exhibitors.  In the end I had a small number of pieces left (and I took a lot!) and have already received orders after the show before I have even done any follow up.  So all in all it's been a roller coaster few months but I have come out the other side feeling much more confident about the direction in which I am going and with so many ideas for the future along with some exciting new opportunities....watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment